Thrift Store Junkies!

Tell me what is it you plan to do with your one wild & precious life? Mary Oliver This has been a long time favorite quote of mine….reading it over and over...again and again...gets me excited!! Life is what you make it! We have the choice to do, to plan, to make things happen….to put stuff in motion...to see it through….to watch it blossom and grow...whatever it may be!....

    My name is Terri...my husband Greg and I owned and ran a pretty cool consignment store in downtown Salida Colorado...called Wanderlust road....  after 7 years we closed our doors in April of 2018  and rented our building out to 146 Tap House the experience of it all was really amazing!....i felt like i needed to do some sharing cause i have some things to say...as we all do! So here goes my adventures in blogging….i’ve titled this one “thrift store junkies” cause thats where it all started….

groovy baby!
  I was born in Chicago back in the 60s. My beautiful Mom was an avid seamstress (making outfits for myself, my sister and our dolls!)..she was a crafter, a junk refurbisher, a thrift store junkie….and she took us kids along for the ride...inevitably these things rubbed off on us!! We took regular jaunts (everyone loaded up in the station wagon) down the ever interesting alleys in the neighborhood looking for broken/disregarded items people didn’t want but Mom saw new life in them...would bring them home, fix them up, paint them then find their nitshe in our home alongside the other re-newed cuties!

  Unbeknownst to Mom she was the ultimate repurposer! Trips to the thrift stores, flea markets, yard sales were always a regular thing! We loved it…. Some of my other early shopping experiences as a young teen were at the Buffalo Exchange flagship store in Tucson, Arizona (we had moved out west at this point). Thrift store hunting was a regular outing….some of my favorite items were found in these groovy places!!
 
 The “hunt” has been the most thrilling part of these shopping experiences. I also became a regular peruser of the cool shops on 4th & 6th ave in Tucson...discovering essential oils and fun hippy garb. I’ve always been a bit of a rebel in my personality, my clothing, my highschool days & beyond...always pushing the limits of dress code! Let your freak flag fly!….expressing myself through my clothing & accessories has and still is one of my favorite things to do….Wanderlust road has been that expression for me too, the eye candy, the cool clothes, shoes, hats, jewelry, scarves, great music, groovy atmosphere, a fun place that people love to come to! Thanks for reading and stay tuned! terri:)

Comments

Popular Posts